Location: Hybrid working, Head Office based in Thame, Oxfordshire
Hours: Full time hours, Monday – Friday
Salary: Competitive DOE + our competitive benefits package
We are looking for a senior C#/.NET developer who is passionate about writing clean code. For us that means code which is readable, extensible and maintainable. You will have a strong grasp of the principles and patterns needed to produce this kind of code. You will play a key role in modernising our Microsoft technology stack, helping to create a strong platform for future innovation.
We have recently migrated to Azure, and you will help us move from IaaS to PaaS to make the most of this platform. You will have experience with CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps and automating the creation of Azure infrastructure. We provide opportunities to work with the best tools and packages, such as C# 10, .NET 6, Entity Framework, OpenAPI, Kubernetes, Docker, Bicep, MassTransit, and Mediatr.
You will work in an autonomous agile squad, we do not believe in command and control, and we will give you the opportunity to shape strategy and processes. You will enjoy working collaboratively with developers, business analysts and product managers.
You will be able to demonstrate the way that you manage your own continuing professional development, and you will be aware of the latest industry trends and tools. We are serious about investing in our people and we provide time and funding for your continued learning.
We have ambitious plans to make the home moving and ownership experience better at every touchpoint, transforming a slow and fragmented system to a streamlined, stress-free process for everyone involved.
Smoove is a leading provider of tech in the property sector. Since we were founded in 2003, we have come a long way on our journey and are currently at a critical and fascinating juncture. To date, the product focus has been on iterations of our conveyancer two-sided marketplace, connecting consumers with a range of quality conveyancers to choose from at competitive prices via its easy-to-use tech platform.
We are now going a step further with the development and the launch of the next phase of our customer focused online platform, DigitalMove – a centralised digital tool focussed on bringing together everyone involved in the conveyancing process, from future home buyers/sellers, conveyancers and lawyers to lenders and brokers. Conveyancing (the legal house purchasing process) has traditionally been paper-based where documents are posted back and forth, making it difficult difficult to track and share progress, causing frustration and slowing progress for all parties. Our home platform joins up the entire home buying and selling process right up to completion and beyond, making that process easier, quicker, safer and more transparent.
- 60% writing code
- 10% software architecture
- 10% agile ceremonies/process design
- 10% code reviews/mentoring/feedback
- 10% continuing professional development/self-directed training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in C#/.NET development and a track record of shipping great quality code with real customer impact
- Know your way around the major Azure services
- Be comfortable working with containers, Kubernetes experience would be a bonus
- Experience working in an agile environment (ideally Scrum)
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and at times under pressure.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, able to communicate both written and verbally to developers and internal stakeholders
- An analytic mindset, you naturally use data to drive your decision making
- Actively pursue professional improvement, maintaining awareness of industry trends and tools
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get an enhanced, generous holiday package
- You have the option for flexible, remote working
- Access to our beautiful head office in Thame, Oxfordshire – a great space to work, meet colleagues and collaborate
- Our benefits package includes; private medical insurance, volunteering day, competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, Death in service insurance, sick pay and lots more
- Pre-arranged social events to make sure we have fun, stay connected and to ensure it isn’t all about work
- Smoove help you develop your career with a detailed, performance management scheme