Location: Hybrid working, Head Office based in Thame, Oxfordshire
Hours: Full time hours, Monday – Friday
Salary: Competitive DOE + our competitive benefits package
We are looking for a seasoned Azure engineer with devops experience. Having recently migrated all our data centre workloads to Azure we are moving quickly to adopt PaaS services to get the best from the Azure platform. At the same time our development teams are forging ahead with the deployment of new applications and require assistance with the implementation of new technologies such as Kubernetes (AKS), Blazor apps, Cloudflare.
Working closely with our development team you will help to design, implement and manage the Azure environment to run our in-house developed web applications and web services, which are consumed by thousands of customers every day.
We are on a mission to transform the experience by making stress-free home moves in the UK a reality. We want to become the leading provider of digital tools to transform the conveyancing experience of buying, selling, and owning property.
Smoove is a leading provider of tech in the property sector. Since we were founded in 2003, we have come a long way on our journey and are currently at a critical and fascinating juncture. To date, the product focus has been on iterations of our conveyancer two-sided marketplace, connecting consumers with a range of quality conveyancers to choose from at competitive prices via its easy-to-use tech platform.
We are now going a step further with the development and the launch of the next phase of our customer focused online platform, DigitalMove – a centralised digital tool focussed on bringing together everyone involved in the conveyancing process, from future home buyers/sellers, conveyancers and lawyers to lenders and brokers. Conveyancing (the legal house purchasing process) has traditionally been paper-based where documents are posted back and forth, making it difficult difficult to track and share progress, causing frustration and slowing progress for all parties. Our home platform joins up the entire home buying and selling process right up to completion and beyond, making that process easier, quicker, safer and more transparent.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Experience of configuration, management, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Azure networking and security:
- Configure VNETs, subnets, peerings, routing etc
- Configuring Application Gateways to deliver traffic to multiple web servers
- Configuring NSG rules to control traffic flow between vnets
- Configuring Azure Firewall to manage egress traffic
- Azure DEVOps
- Managing Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Can write effective ARM and Bicep templates
- Competent using Azure DEVOps pipelines to deploy changes
- Excellent Azure platform knowledge
- Ideally demonstrated by formal MS certifications, we're looking for someone knows the breadth of Azure services; what's in the toolbox, how you use it, or has the skills to very quickly research and grasp new services
- Hosting Microsoft stack, in-house developed web applications on legacy IaaS
- IIS web server management (bindings, SSL certs, web.config application settings)
- MSSQL AOAGs
- Refactoring IaaS web applications to PaaS services
- Hands on migration experience of REDIS or MSSQL to PaaS equivalents
Essential General Skills:
- Web hosting security best practices, as well as Azure specific experience
- Friendly and collaborative work attitude to work with an in-house DEV team
- Able to produce high quality technical documentation
- Systematic approach to troubleshooting and root-cause analysis
- Working knowledge of disaster recovery principles and procedures
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get an enhanced, generous holiday package
- You have the option for flexible, remote working
- Access to our beautiful head office in Thame, Oxfordshire – a great space to work, meet colleagues and collaborate
- Our benefits package includes; private medical insurance, volunteering day, competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, Death in service insurance, sick pay and lots more
- Pre-arranged social events to make sure we have fun, stay connected and to ensure it isn’t all about work
- Smoove help you develop your career with a detailed, performance management scheme