Front End Developer
Location: Hybrid working, Head Office based in Thame, Oxfordshire
Hours: Full time hours, Monday – Friday
Salary: Competitive DOE + our competitive benefits package
We are looking for an experienced Front End Developer to help us modernise our web application user interfaces. For now you will be the sole front end developer on the engineering team, working with back end Microsoft developers on agile squads.
This is a rare green field opportunity. Our existing UI technology is too long in the tooth and it is time to start again. You will be responsible for determining the tooling, processes and standards that are used for front end. We will be using Blazor WebAssembly for the UI, so your core interests will be HTML and CSS. You’ll care about modern component architecture, grids, animations and all the little details that make a difference. A strong design sense would be an advantage, and any experience with building and managing component libraries would be valuable.
You will work with autonomous agile squads, we do not believe in command and control, and we will give you the opportunity to shape strategy and processes.
You will be able to demonstrate the way that you manage your own continuing professional development, and you will be aware of the latest industry trends and tools. We are serious about investing in our people and we provide time and funding for your continued learning. We hire people who find learning new stuff fun.
Smoove is a leading provider of tech in the property sector, focussed on bringing together home buyers/sellers, financial services, estate agency and legal professionals. Conveyancing (the legal house purchasing process) has traditionally been a paper-based manual processes - documents and forms are posted back and forth and it is often difficult to track and share progress, causing frustration and slowing progress for all parties.
We are on a mission to transform the experience by making stress-free home moves in the UK a reality. We want to become the leading provider of digital tools to transform the conveyancing experience of buying, selling, and owning property.
Since we were founded in 2003, we have come a long way on our journey and are currently at a critical and fascinating juncture. To date, the product focus has been on iterations of our conveyancer two-sided marketplace, connecting consumers with a range of quality conveyancers to choose from at competitive prices via its easy-to-use tech platform.
We are now going a step further with the development and the launch of the next phase of our customer focused online platform, DigitalMove – a centralised digital platform for everyone involved in the conveyancing process to communicate and collaborate, from future homeowners, conveyancers and lawyers to lenders and brokers. This home platform joins up the entire home buying and selling process right up to completion and beyond, making that process easier, quicker, safer and more transparent.
Role Responsibilities Time allocation:
- 80% writing code
- 10% agile ceremonies/process design
- 10% continuing professional development/self-directed training
- 5+ years’ experience in Front End development and a track record of shipping great quality code with real customer impact
- Familiarity with web accessibility best practices
- Passion for user experience, ability to work closely with designers/Product Team to build products and services which bring the best experience
- Experience working in an agile environment (ideally Scrum)
- Bonus points if you have any experience with Docker
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and at times under pressure.
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, able to communicate both written and verbally to developers and internal stakeholders
- An analytic mindset, you naturally use data to drive your decision making
- Actively pursue professional improvement, maintaining awareness of industry trends and tools
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get an enhanced, generous holiday package
- You have the option for flexible, remote working
- Access to our beautiful head office in Thame, Oxfordshire – a great space to work, meet colleagues and collaborate
- Our benefits package includes; private medical insurance, volunteering day, competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, Death in service insurance, sick pay and lots more
- Pre-arranged social events to make sure we have fun, stay connected and to ensure it isn’t all about work
- Smoove help you develop your career with a detailed, performance management scheme